|Title : 2019, 7th Annual Dokdo and East Sea History Essay Competition|
To raise awareness of the Korean island of Dokdo • East Sea and the history surrounding it.
Research and write an unbiased paper about the history of the Dokdo and East Sea.
What is the significance and the importance of this island to the two countries South Korea and Japan?
Please also include the history of the East Sea and the history behind the said sea’s name in your essay.
Deadline : Sunday, June 02, 2019 (11:59PM : EST)
▶ Guidelines: Essay Competition Format: English:
* Please send all essay entries and questions to: ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Please remember to format the email title this way so that it will be recognizable; otherwise we might miss it:
[Dokdo •East Sea History Essay Entry] [Grade/Region(State), Country / cell phone] Your_Name_Here/000-000-0000
[Dokdo •East Sea History Essay Question] [Grade/Region(State), Country] Your_Name_Here
[Dokdo •East Sea History Essay Entry] [College Sophomore/MA. USA / cell phone] John Smith / 000-000-0000
[Dokdo •East Sea History Essay Question] [9th Grade/Toronto, Canada] John Kim
▶ Participation (i.e. Grade 5 – Adult)
Middle School (Grade 5~8) / High School (Grade 9~12) / College • Adult
▶ Essay Rules: Only one essay entry per student. Students must write their essay in one language: Either Korean or English.
– Essays must not exceed 5 (Five) pages in length (Letter Size , Margins Normal). Excluding bibliography.
– Essays must be written in Roboto font and should be sized 10 (ten).
– Line Spacing (1.15)
– Must submit a MLA formatted bibliography along with your essay.
– Please try to use primary sources over other source materials.
– Please submit all essays in PDF format
– ALL WRITING MUST BE ORIGINAL. ANY ESSAY FOUND TO INCLUDE PLAGIARIZED SENTENCES OR SECTIONS LIFTED FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
– Please note to follow these guidelines and rules otherwise your essay will not be entered.
=> Korean (한국어) :
– 에세이는 5 페이지 (Letter Size , Margins Normal)를 초과 할 수 없습니다. 참고 문헌 제외.
– 에세이의 글씨체는 맑은 고딕 (Malgun Gothic)으로 작성하고, 글자크기(font size)는 10로 해야합니다..
– 한줄띄기만 허용합니다. (NO 더블 간격, 트리플 간격 등 ..제외).
– 참가자들은 에세이와 함께 참고문헌 (즉, 참고 자료 출처)을 제출해야 합니다.
– 표절 에세이에 대하여는 0점(무효) 처리 됩니다.
– 에세이 첫 페이지 상단에 자신의 이름과 이메일 주소, 학교이름, 학년, 지역 (빠른 연락을 위해 cell phone 번호를 표시하십시요.) 등을 표시해야 하며, 수상시 상장에 표기하고 싶은 자신의 이름을 영문으로 반드시 적어야 합니다.
Dokdo and East Sea History Essay Judging Criteria :
1. Historical understanding : 30%
2. Important points : 25%
3. Research : 20%
4. Conclusion : 15%
5. Writing style & quality : 10%
Deadline : Sunday, June 02, 2019 (11:59PM : EST)
• This competition is open to all residents in the world regardless of ethnic background.
• Winners will be announced at a later date and an awards ceremony will follow.
• All essay competition participants will receive gifts. 
• The all essay competition participants must also send an email to ( email@example.com ) by June 10, 2019 regarding what they learned while writing the essay as well as what they felt when participating in the competition.
This Dokdo trip award is for one Dokdo • East Sea History Essay Competition winner.
This is a 2 night and 3 day trip from Oolungdo to Dokdo (Fully Paid Trip from Oolungdo to Dokdo. The award recipient has to pay for his/her own plane ticket to Korea and back, but once arrived in Oolungdo, the 2 night and 3 day stay is covered by the Dokdo Trip Award).
• • 1st Place (Tablet and Award Certificate)
• • 2nd Place (Gift Card and Award Certificate)
• • 3rd Place (Gift Card and Award Certificate)
• • Honorable Mention (12) (Award Certificate)
The Grapevine Times
(The Korean-American Community of New England)
Sponsored by : Gyeongsangbuk-do | NE Hanyang Alumni Association | Korea University NE Alumni Association | Munsusa | Min W. Suh | Youngok Shin | Jiyoun Kim | Choong Lee | Seoul Choong-Ang High School Alumni Association-NE | Anonymous Donor | (Names are listed in no significant order : Sponsor will be continue to updated)
 We reserve the right to use all submitted pieces in future publications of the KCHEFNE and TGT(The Grapevine Times) with no compensation to the authors. We reserve the right to not award any prizes.
The essays and content that were submitted to the Dokdo •East Sea History Essay Competition are property of KCHEFNE and The Grapevine Times. The essays and content are not to be published without our direct consent.
 The 1st place award winners of each category MUST read his or her ENTIRE essay during the Award Ceremony.
 All Winners must attend the award ceremony.
 If you are not able to attend the awards ceremony, you must notify the organizer of the award, and your family will be able to attend the awards ceremony on your behalf. (Winners in the US must attend the awards ceremony. We will not send post-mail separately.)
 International winners are encouraged to attend if possible, but should notify the organizer if it is difficult to attend. They are required to submit a photo like all competition winners.
If the winner does not attend the awards ceremony without proper notification of the absence, or does not attend the awards ceremony after the attendance notification, they will be excluded from the awards list. (However, if travel is impossible, please let us know in advance. If the winners who cannot attend do not contact us, their names will be removed from the list of winners and their awards will not be sent out. We are not responsible for lost packages during shipping. If this occurs, please contact the shipping provider. We are unfortunately unable to resend another award if the award is lost in transit.).
 Everyone who entered the Dokdo History and Proper Naming of the East Sea, Essay Competition is invited to the award ceremony. There will be complementary Korean food (Kimbab, Bulgogi, Japchae …etc.) after the award ceremony.
 Dokdo Trip. ; Due to unforseeable weather conditions in the future, the Dokdo visit may be canceled.
 We reserve the right to not give out complementary gifts. .
Posted : 2/22/2019 || 11:26 PM